Multiple Point-to-Point Tunnels w/ Internet Bypass
In service since 2003.
The customer has multiple clinics in Clearwater and Tarpon
Springs. Their main site is close to Mease Countryside
The customer has a heterogeneous IP network, using Integrated T1 at
their central facility and a combination of BrightHouse cable modem
and Verizon DSL at their remote locations. We installed Redcreek
(now SonicWall) VPN encrypters/routers and setup a secure VPN between
their local networks.
Each location's Internet is accessed independently
of the other. Internet traffic does not flow through the tunnel.
(1) Takes advantage of relatively cheap Internet facilities.
(2) Takes advantage of T1 fast service restoral time at their central
(3) Allows some autonomy and control at each location.
(4) Triple-DES encryption ensures HIPAA compliance, even today!
(5) The customer's practice management system at the central location
can be accessed a variety of ways, including telnet and Terminal