Point-to-Point Tunnel, Remote Access
In service since 2007.
The customer has locations within Baycare facilities at All
Children's hospital in St. Petersburg, and St. Joseph's
hospital in Tampa.
Verizon Internet is provided by DSL at each location, which are in
Baycare-managed facilities. We provided Linksys VPN routers at
each location. Staff may access their home LAN via Linksys
remote client software.
IP traffic destined for the public Internet is
forwarded through the tunnel(s) to the central site in St. Petersburg.
(1) Takes advantage of relatively cheap Internet DSL facilities.
(2) BrightHouse frequency "notches" prevented proper cable-modem
operation at these Baycare locations.
(3) The usual Microsoft issues with cross-subnet browsing.
(4) TCP/IP keepalives implemented on SCO Unix server and terminal
(5) We perform remote Syslog and management functions.